"Improve the quality of life and self-sufficiency of Sheboygan County residents."
SUMMARY of RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sheboygan County Health and Human Services Department is the County’s comprehensive health and human services planning and delivery agency organized under Chapter 46 of the Wisconsin Statutes. It provides information and assistance to persons facing economic crisis, health risk, challenges to child, family and community wellness, life changes associated with aging, and other needs. In collaboration with its contracted partners, under the guidance of the County’s Health and Human Services Committee, and with the support of its Administrative Services staff, the Department serves a diverse consumer base through its Economic Support, Public Health, Social Services, and Community Programs operating divisions.
The four Divisions, in carrying out the Department mission, shall:
- Focus on the needs of individuals and families.
- Treat others fairly and with respect.
- Value diversity.
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment in all actions.
- Encourage collaboration with Division peers and external partners.
- Recognize the uniqueness of individuals and families in the assessment of need and delivery of services.
- Provide and purchase services in the least intrusive and restrictive manner possible.
- Manage public resources responsibly.