"Improve the quality of life and self-sufficiency of Sheboygan County residents."
SUMMARY of RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sheboygan County Health and Human Services Department is the County’s comprehensive health and human services planning and delivery agency organized under Chapter 46 of the Wisconsin Statutes. It provides information and assistance to persons facing economic crisis, health risks, challenges to child, family and community wellness, life changes associated with aging, and other needs. In collaboration with its contracted partners and under the guidance of the County’s Health and Human Services Committee, the Department serves a diverse consumer base through its Economic and Child Support, Public Health, Child and Family Services, Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), Elder Services, and Behavioral Health programs.
In carrying out the Department's mission, all staff shall:
- Treat others fairly and with respect.
- Value diversity.
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment in all actions.
- Collaborate peers and external partners.
- Recognize the uniqueness, priorities, and strengths of individuals and families served.
- Provide and purchase services in the least intrusive and restrictive manner possible.
- Manage public resources responsibly.