Residential Assisted Living

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Assisted living is a generic term that includes Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRFs) and Residential Care apartment Complexes (RCACs).  CBRFs are state licensed group homes for five or more unrelated adults. Residential Care Apartment Complexes (RCACs) are registered with the State and consist of separate apartments with kitchen, bathroom and living areas. The apartments can range from an efficiency-style apartment to a full-scale two bedroom or more apartment.

Public funding may be used to pay for some services.  Check with individual Assisted Living facilities to see if they have a contract with public funding entities. Individuals may also private pay for services.

For more information about specific residential options view the Resource Guide provided by the Aging & Disability Resource Center.  

Other Resources:

The State of Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services has information regarding assisted living facilities by county on its website. The website address is listed below:

State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Contact the Aging & Disability Resource Center to learn about residential options before moving.


ADRC Building
650 Forest Avenue
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085

PHONE: (920) 467-4100
TOLL FREE : (800) 596-1919
TTY: (920) 467-4195