Sheriff Cory Roeseler
Thank you for visiting the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office webpage. I am honored to be the Sheriff of Sheboygan County. In December 2017, I was appointed by Governor Walker to serve as Sheriff. I am filling the final year of the previous Sheriff’s four-year term due to his retirement.
I began my career with the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office in 1991. I started as a Deputy and was promoted to Corporal in 2000. In February 2001, I was promoted to Detective, spending several years as an undercover narcotics officer. In November 2004, I was promoted to Lieutenant of Criminal Investigations. In June 2006, I was promoted to Captain of Patrol and eventually assumed responsibility for the Criminal Investigations Division as well.
I also served as the Chief of Police for the Cascade Police Department from 2003 to 2018.
Prior to working for the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office, I was a Deputy with the Columbia County Sheriff’s Department in 1990 and a part-time officer with the Kiel Police Department in 1989. I was born and raised in the rural Kiel area and attended Kiel High School, graduating in January 1988.
The Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office was established in 1846 and I am the 56th Sheriff. I am a strong believer in community partnership and being a part of the community. I served as an alderman in the City of Sheboygan for three years. I also am active in other community events and committees. I feel it is important to give back to and support our community.
To protect and serve the citizens of our community by reducing fear, crime and disorder.
Professionalism - We are committed to the highest level of
Respect - We will treat others with dignity and compassion.
Integrity - We hold ourselves accountable to the highest level of honesty,
truthfulness and ethical conduct.
Dedication - We are faithful to the law, our community, each other and our
Employee Value - Our employees are our most valuable resource.
PRIDE will be the word we use to remember our values, because our values all start with pride in our work, our lives and our community.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Cory L. Roeseler
Sheboygan County Sheriff
- The Sheriff's Office does NOT accept fireworks, gun powder, etc. Please dispose of these items at a private agency that accepts hazardous materials.
- The Sheriff's Office maintains property/evidence for incidents that have occurred in the Sheriff's Office jurisdiction. If you have questions pertaining to property/evidence from incidents that have occurred at the following agencies, please contact that agency directly:
- Sheboygan Police Department (920) 459-3333
- MEG (Drug Unit) (920) 467-5193
- Plymouth Police Department (920) 893-6541
- Sheboygan Falls Police (920) 467-7902