The Sheboygan County Veterans Service Department will provide timely and quality service for veterans seeking assistance with local, state, and federal benefit programs. We advocate for and support the military veterans and their families in our county.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
“Serving Those Who Served”
The Veterans Service Department exists under Chapter 45, Wisconsin Statutes, which mandates that each county in Wisconsin shall elect/appoint an honorably discharged veteran of the U S military service to the position of County Veteran Service Officer (CVSO). These duties include:
- Advise persons living in the service officer’s county who served in the U S armed forces regarding local, state, and federal benefits to which they may be entitled.
- Assist in resolving any problems veterans encounter accessing the programs provided by the federal or state Veteran’s Administration.
- Provide service and assistance to qualified dependents and/or surviving spouse to ensure they are informed of benefits they may be entitled to.
- Maintain a record of burials of all veterans within the county.
- Cooperate with other local, state, and federal agencies to provide services to veterans and answer questions regarding veteran’s issues.
- Serve as executive secretary of the County Veterans Service Commission (CVSC). The CVSC is comprised of three honorably discharged veterans who monitor a program to provide financial aid to needy veterans and their dependents.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Mon., Wed., Thurs., Fri.: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs.: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
All other Times by Appointment ONLY.
Closed: Mon.-Fri. Noon - 1 PM and Weekends.