Sheboygan Area Veterans Court
1.1 Mission Statement of the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court
To promote public safety while assisting and supporting veterans and their families through a coordinated response based upon collaboration with the veteran’s service delivery system, community based services, and the court system.
1.2 Goals of the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court
- Reinvigorate the core values of the military into the Veteran participants’ daily routine.
- Reduce veteran participants’ criminal recidivism and other court contacts.
- Facilitate veteran participants’ sobriety, abstinence and improved behavioral health.
- Increase veteran participants’ compliance with treatment and other court ordered conditions.
- Work to alleviate issues surrounding veteran participants’ service-related behavioral health issues.
- Assure available VA benefits and services are accessed by veteran participants.
- Integrate community based treatment options and services for veteran participants as appropriate.
- Improve veteran participants’ family relationships and social support connections.
- Improve veteran participants’ economic stability.
1.3 Target Population
U.S. Military Veterans suffering from a diagnosable and treatable behavioral health issue that has contributed to the commission of a criminal offense and who are in need of the structure and support available through the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program.
1.4 Eligibility Criteria
A prospective veteran participant must be:
- Service in the United States Armed Forces (all military discharges will be considered).
- Diagnosed with a treatable behavioral issue which is substantially related to the offense.
- A resident of Sheboygan County or pre-approved for admission to the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program prior to sentencing or disposition in the referring county.
- Able to travel to all required sessions of the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program.
- Reviewed and approved by the Veterans Court Team to determine appropriateness for participation in the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program.
If you have question and would like more information about veterans court please contact us at
- Policy & Procedure Manual
- SAVTC Referral Protocol
- SAVC Referral
- SAVTC Release of Confidential Information
- Prior Record
- SAVTC Consideration Screening
- Participation Agreement
- VC Contract
- Veterans Report Form
- Veterans Report Form (Mobile Device Version)
- Mentor/Veteran Communication & Meeting Record
- Daily Journal